Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Bouldering in San Diego




I Just got back from an amazing weekend of bouldering in San Diego. I got to visit with my friend Bryan and he gave me the local tour of bouldering in SD. We crammed every second of the weekend full of rock climbing, eating amazing Mexican food, and chillin' out with some really spectacular people. The first day I was there we spent the afternoon bouldering at Santee and then ended the evening at the ACSD http://www.alliedclimbers.org/access.php annual celebration where I met some wonderful local climbers and had some kick ass Cajun salmon for dinner. The following day we trekked out to Tramway and enjoyed perfect temps for climbing. The third and final day I was in town we checked out a fairly undeveloped area called Steel Valley that was full of trashy pleasures like graffiti, shotgun shells, dirt bike riders, and a whole lot of amazing unclimbed rock. The whole trip was such a treat and I left so stoked on climbing. Thanks for having me Bryan!
*Photos by Adam Kimmerly



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Free Blog Counter