Monday, April 12, 2010

Flagstaff and Sedona bouldering













































The weekend was wonderful. I spent it in Flagstaff bouldering with my dear friend Brian who migrated to Flag a year and a half ago. My boy Jason from Boulder came out to climb with us too which made the trip even sweeter. Friday night I flew into Phoenix and Jason and I road triped in his van (Vana White) to Brian's. When we got there we bbq'ed on the deck, got silly, and later went out with some friends for some drinks at a local bar (The drinks were good but the people watching was top notch! We spent the evening making fun of people and starring in awe at the plethora of fashion train wrecks! So fun and awful all at once)!

Saturday Brian made breakfast for everyone and we had a lovely lazy morning shooting the shit with his roommate. Later all of us packed up Brian's VW and hit up some local bouldering at Priest's Draw. The bouldering was right up my alley, a ton of overhung pockety climbs! We had a great day and got in a few good sends. My fav was Bat Roof. We ended the day with a big Thai dinner, coldstone, and an early nights sleep.

Sunday we drove out to Sedona and went on an epic approach through a river up to our waists only to get in a few climbs cause time was tight. Even though we didn't get in a lot of climbing the trip was worth it! The landscape in Sedona is breathtaking! It was awe inspiring to be out in nature with amazing people...these moments are why I earn a living! So I can play! Feeling very thankful today!

1 comment:

 

Free Blog Counter