Wednesday, July 21, 2010

V8! Not just juice (and quote of the week)

"Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally."

David Frost
The last couple days have been really important climbing days for me. On Monday I taught my bouldering basics class at Bridges and we had the biggest turn out yet with about 15 people. It was a really fun challenge to teach that many beginners at once. It was also a great reward to see the smiles on their faces as I helped them work through their roadblocks and fears. The class was so big I didn't really get to climb at all, but seeing them get excited made me want to climb more than ever.

So the following day I hit up the gym and climbed my little heart out. And to my great surprise and elation I was able to finish my first V8! I'm particularly excited about this, because I haven't even tried a V8 since I injured my tendon in my left hand. I thought it would be a lot longer before I was able to climb as hard as I had been before the injury. I am physched!

1 comment:

  1. isn't it great teaching people how to be awesome at something that you love to do? makes you love it even more

    congrats on the v8 :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Blog Counter