Friday, September 18, 2009

Ben Harper Relentless 7


As a gift from someone very special in my life, I got to attend a Ben Harper Relentless 7 show at the Fox last night. I wasn't too familiar with the Relentless 7 album 'White Lies for Dark Times' but I had heard it enough to know the show would be great. Ben and his crew proved that truly skilled musicians only need a few basic amps and a whole lot of soul to put on an amazing performance. Not only was the show good, but the encore made my night. Ben played the first encore solo, performing a lot of old songs. The audience was silent and his voice carried through the theatre. I have seen Ben perform live before, but I am always stunned by his talent. He has such an awe inspiring presence and a voice that conveys immense emotion. He brought me to tears with the song 'Walk Away'. It was such an inspiring show. I am so thankful to have been there.

-Here are a few bad cell phone pics (forgive me-I forgot the camera)!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't get to see the show, but I heard it was really cool. I found a video from the show of his newest song...check it out, you might like it :)

    http://spinearth.tv/report/ben-harper-rocks-through-loud-crowd-at-the-fox

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Blog Counter