Friday, September 25, 2009

Tuolumne




I just spent the last four days in Tuolumne on a gear testing trip for work. We passed the time climbing routes, hiking, swimming, and bouldering. I am lucky enough to be able to take these team trips 2-3 times a year and they are always amazing. However, this trip topped them all. We had great food (prepared by Billy at Dragonfly in Tahoe)http://dragonflycuisine.com/. We also had great friends and plenty of good laughs. The best part of the trip for me was being able to climb and boulder with two very strong women, Heidi Wirtz and Lisa Rands. I have known them both for a few years now, but our time together is always limited. Having four days to hang with them was pretty awesome and awe-inspiring. They both crush and they are both totally down to earth women who I am grateful to know.
After the trip I got to spend a little extra QT with Heidi. We bouldered in the morning at the knobs, drove back to Oak-Town, and bouldered in the evening at the local gym, GWPC. By the end of the night I felt like my arms were gonna fall off! We finished the day with a big sushi dinner. It was the perfect way to end a really great trip. Heidi extended the offer for me to come join her in Boulder to get out and do some more climbing. I can't wait! Thanks Heidi!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Free Blog Counter