Monday, March 15, 2010

A new beginning







This weekend marks the start of a new beginning. It's a time to take inventory of who is important in my life, what I value, and where I want my life to go from here. Lots of heavy thoughts, but doing this kind of self reflection is a healthy way to make sure I am getting what I want to be happy and that I am surrounding myself with people who will help me do that. I spent this weekend with my wonderful girls Gaelyn and Audrey.
I got my first tattoo with Henry Lewis, who made the experience super fun! After a couple hours of shenanigans at the tattoo shop we went to Gaelyn's house where her future hubby made us dinner. After dinner we did what we normally do at their house, we pulled out the tablet and the guitar and started making music. We sang our little hearts out till we couldn't sing anymore. After the sing along we went to an art show at Stussy in SF and met up with White Walls gallery owner, Andres. While we were at Stussy we met an adorable puppy named Bhoddie! After the art show we went back to Gaelyn's and had a ladies slumber party. It was a really uplifting weekend and I sure am grateful to have these amazing folks as my bestest friends!

3 comments:

  1. Having friends when facing trouble times is key! I've always felt like in times of grief/ hardship I excel the most. Being able to take the past and focusing it as creative energy. Like darwin says "We suffer — we suffer terribly — but we don’t suffer in vain"

    -jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, i love you to death and i love this post, but was that last photo really necessary? that's just embarrassing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post because it shows the depth of self awareness you possess. What a gift! It also shows the high level of self respect you have. You are not a woman who settles, you know what you deserve and you won't take any less. I am in awe of your strength in character. You have always had it in you, I noticed it when we were only 12 years old. The difference now is that you are a woman who knows who she is. You strive for what you want, don't take any less, and aren't afraid of risk. It's been a very long time since we have been friends but it is so refreshing to see that you are a more blossomed version of the Isa I knew. I admire you for all these reasons and more. Your life as we know it through your blog is truly miraculous. You live life with a zest that can make on lookers crave for adventure. Thank you for sharing. I look forward to reading more. Love love. XxOo

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Blog Counter