Thursday, March 4, 2010

Zen in the midst of chaos

*all images from design sponge

Sometimes life feels like a series of chaotic events that crash into each other, well at least that's how my life feels. In the midst of this chaos I find some "zen" at home. There is something so calming about a place that is mine. My home design style is eclectic, I like everything from modern to shabby chic. It changes with my mood, but the one design aesthetic I always incorporate into my suurounding is Asian design. I like to keep pictures of my travels to Asia, of temples and statues. I also love hand carved wood pieces from China and Thailand and handmade tea sets and sculptures. There is something about the Asian culture that I have always connected with. I love the images above, because they are all great examples of bringing an ancient Asian element into a modern lifestyle.

To add some Zen to your life, try these items:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Free Blog Counter