Monday, May 17, 2010

Yosemite again and the continued crush fest!


Amelia and I packed up the Volvo and took a ladies trip to Yosemite Valley. We had no idea where we were sleeping or when we were heading back, but we decided to fly by the seat of our pants and just figure it all out along the way. I had just been to Yosemite last weekend and was feeling so excited I couldn't stop talking about going back. Amelia had to get in on the action.


After we made plans to head to the Valley Amelia hurt her ankle bouldering, but she was the ultimate climbing partner and came along as my moral support and spotter anyway. She is so rad and having her with me got me super physched to crush!
We met some really awesome people and got to crash at Curry Village in a tent house with an old friend of Amelia's who now works at the Park. It was kismet, I suppose cause the plans just sort of fell into place.


With some amazing beta and support from all the folks we were climbing with I sent Octagon V6, which I tried last week and could barely get through the third move! I also started to project King V7. The first day I started projecting it I got all the way to the top-out and fell! So disappointing! I continually got to the top of the climb all weekend so I am confident with a little more dedication and hard work I can send soon! I can't wait to get back!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the Octagon! Damn that thing's hard. The King will go down for sure! Good job. Psyched! c;

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Blog Counter