Monday, May 10, 2010

Yosemite!


I spent Saturday bouldering in Yosemite Valley with my friends Kim and James. I have always been intimidated by the Valley, I guess that's my only excuse for only going twice in my whole life (and never going in the last 3 years-crazy, I know)! I sure am glad I finally went back. I had such an amazing time.
We bouldered at the cathedral boulders and the sentinel boulders. I had my proudest send to date on "So Good" V5 after watching James' beta for the top out. We all also sent Crippler V4. I was physched to finish both these climbs as they were super heady for me. It was the first time I have ever bouldered that I didn't feel afraid of heights (a huge accomplishment for me to say the least)! As a result of my new found confidence I took two big falls off the king boulder, one of them almost landing on James Lucas' head! Thank god he's a good spotter!
We worked on a bunch of other stuff that I will for sure be projecting in the future. I'm super stoked to try and finish The King V7 and Sentinel Traverse V6 just to name a few. It was a wonderful trip (although admittedly too short)! I can't wait to get back out!

1 comment:

  1. Way to crush after 3 years! I'm super psyched to go back to the valley too!

    Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Blog Counter