Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Gung hay fat choy!

Chinese New Year starts Feb 14th and I am getting myself prepared. I am lucky enough to have traveled all over China and I have picked up some tips on preping for the New Year. Here a few key things to do to welcome in the new year:

1. Clean your home
2. Get your hair cut
3. Buy yourself some new clothes
4. Add blooming flowers/trees to your home (do not choose white or yellow flowers-red is lucky)
5. Make amends and build better relationships with people in your life
6. Settle your debts
7. Have a New Years Eve family dinner
8. Open every window and door at the stroke of midnight New Year's Day to let the old year out.














2 comments:

  1. Time to come over to our house for dinner. That's right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johnny, Casey and I went to China last summer!! So cool have been all over there, I can't wait to go back =)

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Blog Counter